Work Experience: Info


America... land of the free. The travel possibilities are endless. From the sunny shores of California, to the snow capped peaks of Colorado, to the eternal buzz of New York City, America offers you choice and variety. Your work assignment will allow you the time to travel and experience this great country. Whether you choose to au pair in New York, or wait tables in Cape Cod, or become a ski-lift operator in Colorado a holiday destination will be on your doorstep! There are four program options to choose from. Summer Work and Travel, Professional Career Training, Internship, Au Pair, Academic Year and H2B. The Work Experience programs offer youth different options to work and travel in the USA while experiencing mainstream America.

The Exchange Visitor Program is carried out pursuant to the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act of 1961, as amended. Its purpose is to enhance understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries through educational and cultural exchanges.

The Exchange Visitor Program is designed for temporary educational and cultural exchanges and collaboration rather than long term employment. Exchange visitors are expected to return to their home countries at the end of their participation in the program to share their experience. Participants in the J-1 program include visitors coming to teach, to do research, to observe, consult, or demonstrate specialized knowledge or skill.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service permits also a limited number of foreign workers to come in US under H2-B visa every year. The H-2B work visa was created to allow people to come to the United States temporarily, mainly for non-agricultural jobs, for in which the U.S. workers are in short supply. Up to 66,000 H-2B visas are issued every year. With this visa, the employees can work legally in America up to 10 months.

The H2B Temporary Work program provides young people with the opportunity to work in the United States. For this program is not necessary to be student or to have finished a Univerisity in your passed. But you need to proof that you have experience in the domains that you would like to work: hospitality, construction, warehouse, etc.

US & UK Tax Refund

How you can take your tax back?

work experience

About US Visas

Type of visas, how to apply?

work experience


What is SEVIS and it's purpose?

work experience


Application Forms, Useful Programs

work experience


Useful links

work experience


Frequent asked questions